The SHRM annual conference is a good place to learn about HR professional development. The conference gives attendees access to tools and resources needed by companies to implement successful HR practices. The SHRM conference offers over 200 concurrent sessions which offer a complete education for HR professionals at every stage of their career, based on the SHRM Competency Model. Attendees can therefore choose topics which would help them gain skills that would impact their organizations. The conference also provides a platform for networking and gives recertification credits.
This year’s event holds at New Orleans USA
Date: 18 – 21 June 2017
2017 KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
Special Conference Delegation Rates.
Save big when you register as part of the Nigerian delegation through the SHRM Forum Nigeria Coordinating office.Using the delegation discounted code IDANN17-11. The current rates are as follows:
- SHRM Members : $1,175
- Non-SHRM Members : $1,250
Take advantage of the discounted global online membership, to join SHRM BEFORE registering for the conference. (join here) using the code: GLMEM. The membership rate will be $75 – the standard global online membership fee is $95. Then proceed and register for the conference. Then log in as a member and the discounted rate for the conference registration will be applied.
The registration fee covers the following:
- 4 General Sessions featuring world-renown keynote speakers
- Admission to the SHRM Exposition
- More than 250 educational concurrent sessions divided into six tracks (benefits & compensation, employment law & legislation, international HR, personal & leadership development, business management & strategy, and talent management)
- One ticket to the Tuesday night show
- Online access to the conference sessions
- Access to the SHRM Global Networking Lounge
- Invitation to the International Welcome Reception and the Global Networking Reception
- Global table topics lunch discussions
- Personalized certificate of conference participation
- Complimentary ground transportation between the conference hotels and the convention centre
- Group hotel reservations available (attendees can also request reservations where other countrymen will be staying)
- Special Nigerian delegation dinner outing. (Paid Separately)
Join the special ticketing arrangement organised through Delta Airlines for the delegation. Please contact the volunteer team using the information below, for more details.
Working with the SHRM Official Accommodation team we have requested block rooms for our delegation to stay together during the conference. Rooms can be shared or you can stay alone
SHRM will provide a registration confirmation & invitation letter to support all visa applications for delegates who have paid in full with their registration. Applications for US Visas are best filed before the end of February each year to ensure you get an interview date with the embassy well ahead of the conference date. Neither SHRM nor the SHRM Forum guarantees that visas will be issued to people registering for the conference.
Traditional Nigerian Delegation Dinner :
Monday June 19, 2017. The traditional Nigerian delegation dinner will hold in downtown New Orleans. Advanced booking & reservation is required. You have that special opportunity to satisfy your cravings for Nigerian dishes while at the conference, plus interact with other delegates from the conference in a special naija style.
The Annual Conference is a convenient and efficient investment of time and money that can yield huge results — especially when it comes to recertification!
Certified HR professional, attending this conference can earn you up to 14 recertification credits. And you can increase your earning potential by registering for one of our popular Preconference programs. And don’t forget our Conference on Demand, which can add another 20 recertification credits! For more information on recertification, please visit- http://annual.shrm.org/recertification
For More Details:
Please contact the conference coordinators as follows:
* Florence Nnaji: +234 8109225590
- A cancellation must be in writing and emailed to email@example.com
Confirmed registrants may cancel and receive a full refund minus a $250 non-refundable administrative fee through January 20, 2017.
- Fifty percent (50%) of the registration fee will be refunded for cancellations received from January 21 through April 13, 2017.
- Cancellations received after April 13, 2017, are nonrefundable.
- Visa Refusal: Exceptions are made for only cancellations based on visa refusal in which case the registered delegate will present written documentation from the US Consular Office confirming visa refusal. Refunds for cancellations due to visa refusal are subject to a $250 non-refundable administrative fee.
- If a SHRM member transfers his or her registration to a nonmember, the nonmember must do one of two things: Pay the difference of the SHRM member and nonmember price at the time of the transfer or become a SHRM member at the time of the transfer.